As part of Tech City UK's mission to shine a spotlight on the digital strengths and opportunities of the UK, we're delighted to tell you about the publication of the TechNation Report. Gerard Grech, CEO of Tech City UK writes:
"...We all know that Britain’s digital economy is growing exponentially. And most of us recognise that this growth is happening all over the country.
The launch of Tech Nation today feels like a landmark in more ways than one. To start with, it’s the first truly comprehensive analysis of the UK’s digital technology clusters.
But to have it all mapped out and analysed —the regions, the tech clusters, the companies and people who make it happen—and presented in a digestible, plain-speaking format. That’s not just informative, it’s also inspiring.
Everyday we talk to the entrepreneurs, developers, designers and pioneers powering this new economy. We take their needs and concerns straight to the government representatives who shape policy. It can be thrilling and frustrating, as well as satisfying and challengin g all at the same time.
The results all help drive the tech engine forward.
Tech City has become one of the UK’s greatest success stories. Now it’s time for Tech Nation..."
The report gives fascinating insight into the the thriving tech clusters that exist around the country. Hull is featured throughout the report, drawing attention to:
- The advantage that KC's fibre network brings to businesses in the region
- The 12.2K people employed in tech locally
- A 57% increase in new tech companies started
- The size of many indigenous tech companies such as Trident, Ebuyer and Summit.
- The significant levels of private sector investment into the local tech community from businesses such as KC and Wykeland.
- The strength of the Computer Science course at The University of Hull
- The range of large companies actively supporting startups locally such as PwC, Ebuyer, Amazon and Spencers.
If you have any questions about the report, please do get in touch by replying to this email, or calling in at The C4DI.