EFI is looking for a Field Service Engineer (Software) to join our EFI Escada Business Unit. The role is covered by min 50% travel - the rest can be a combination of our UK premises and some home office (after some time)
You’re an engineer with a preference for Software? Have a penchant for a bit of C++ or maybe C#? Have a taste for international site work but like to balance that with time in the office? Can work as part of a team of likeminded engineering technologist but don’t mind going it alone every now and again? if(input == Yes), this could be the start of something beautiful.
EFI Escada, a global leader in the corrugated industry are looking to recruit Field Service Engineers with a software bias in C or variants such as C++ or C#. You’ll be part of a close-knit team of engineers with a shared passion for delivering innovative software solutions, maintaining and growing our existing software as well as designing and creating additional software modules.
You’ll get to know and understand our hardware and how it works almost as much as the software so you know how they work together to create the end result. Around 50% of your time will be based on customer sites undertaking installations around the world and the rest in the office as part of the Technical Support team. You’ll relish the challenge of finding and fixing those troublesome software errors whilst also adapting it to exciting new hardware or overall performance optimisation.
This will not be your typical 9-5 role, but we don’t strive for typical, we want to recruit the best to deliver the best for our customers.
Our must haves for this role….
· B.Sc. or higher in Engineering (with a module in software) or, equivalent work experience
· Excellent knowledge of C or variants such as C++ or C#
· Solid understanding of software engineering principles, design patterns and best practices
· Good written and verbal communication skills, and willingness to work with the team·
· Full Driving Licence and Current Valid Passport
But even better if you have these as well….
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or later.
· Understanding of Basic Networking Principles.
· Experience of Managing Code Using Version Control
· Experience in Database Administration
· Strong Word and Excel skills
· Additional (other than English) language skills
Great thing to gain from this role…
A competitive salary and benefits package including a generous travel policy
A fully supported onboarding to help you settle in your new role
An open minded, progressive culture working alongside some of the best in the biz
Opportunities to develop yourself and not just our software
If you like what you hear, then we’d like to hear from you.
To apply please follow this link