As one of Hull’s leading tech businesses, we develop critical software and infrastructure for the emergency services and public safety control rooms. Our innovative and dynamic solutions serve, protect and connect society.
Our technology helps to save lives daily, across the world – That’s pretty cool right?
Here in the UK, our technology is used by 69% of the Police Forces and you’ll also find APD technology at the heart of both the London Underground and Gatwick Airport.
Further afield, we have customers in Sweden’s hospital and the Swedish Police, as well as in Ireland and Iceland. We also keep Dubai Airport, the world’s busiest international passenger airport connected.
When you join APD Communications, you’ll be part of something much bigger. From our offices in Hull, we operate as a business unit within Northgate Public Services (NPS), which is a wholly owned NEC Corporation subsidiary.
Being part of the NPS Safety Division, and the NEC Corporation, means you’re joining a worldwide team of over 100,000 operating in over 70 countries. We all share a passion for developing innovative public safety solutions that create a brighter world for us as global citizens – does this sound like you?
You will be part of a fantastic team, based in Hull who really make a positive difference to the society that we live in. Life at APD is fast paced, we don’t stand still, we embrace changes in technology and the opportunities that those changes provide.
We employ ‘Geeks with Goals’, people who love what they do with a passion, that are committed to helping us grow and who truly care that they can make a difference.
The people in our teams are our best asset, so our workplace is empowering, encouraging and everyone has a voice that is listened to. We have a flexible, trusted and collaborative environment in which our people thrive in.
Software Installation Engineer
About the Software Installation Engineer job
If you love to travel, love the thrill of no two days being the same and want to work in a company that is forward thinking, loves its people and creates products that really make a difference then look no further!
You will be installing and commissioning our software products at our customers’ sites – UK and Abroad. Your day job could vary from putting in servers, installing software, running updates to fixing an issue.
We trust our Software Installation Engineers to make the right decisions and offer an awesome service to our customers.
What you will be responsible for
· Undertake customer Site Surveys as required by Operations/Project management and produce accurate and detailed site survey documentation.
· Prepare future projects, carrying out and coordinating site specific investigations necessary to produce accurate project documentation such as customer configuration and system design documentation.
· Onsite diagnosis and resolution of our products, workstation and server faults and 3rd party interfaces.
· The provision of out of hours support to customers, plus the provision on site Major Event and Major Incident support, and the provision of on-site assistance as required for Critical Incident Management
What you have already done
· Extensive understanding of IT management and support
· IP addressing
· DHCP and DNS – Theory / Configuration / Management
· AV Software installation, basic configuration and Use of admin tools
· Network – data switches / Routers / Cabling
So, if you are looking for a new challenge, love to travel and think APD is a place where you can develop your passion - apply now!
Please note due to the awesome work we do with the emergency services all employees must go through police vetting; this means we cannot accept applicants that do not have the last 3 years continuous residency in the UK. We cannot offer visa sponsorship.