Welcome to Sypro
Sypro is a privately-owned SaaS provider of contract, project and risk management software solutions to the both the private and public sectors. Our award-winning software is used to build and manage schools, academies, hospitals and a wide range of public and private sector buildings and infrastructure across the UK. Our customers include Kier, Vinci, SSE, Bam, Willmott Dixon, NHS England, Faithful & Gould, etc.
We are based in central Hull (Bowlalley Lane, HU1 1XR). We have a young team, develop our own solutions internally and provide our own customer service. We have been in business for 10 years, own our own offices, are financially and cash strong, and unlike a software development agency we don’t rely on having to sell month-on-month to grow. Our growth is controlled and progressive.
Check out our websites – www.sypro.co.uk and www.totalriskmanager.co.uk for more details of what our solutions do.
We want you
We want the best people to help us grow Sypro.
Your starting salary will depend on your role and experience, but there are benefits that every member of staff receives at Sypro.
- A competitive salary + a performance-based bonus.
- A “Now” Pension (company supported).
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays [we include your birthday off!].
- Private Medical.
- Life insurance (to protect for you and your dependents).
- Employee share incentive plan.
- Tailored training & development.
- A great working environment – smart casual dress-code, healthy refreshments, down-time facilities [pool table, video games etc. – come and take a look!] and regular social events.
- Being part of an entrepreneurial team that challenges you and gives you fantastic career progression.
About the role
This isn’t just a job....we want someone who wants to build a long-term career with Sypro; you will be part of the success of the business, and you will be treated and rewarded accordingly.
What we want you to do
- Work alongside our software development team, using your skills as a developer to help us achieve our sprint goals.
- Contribute to the growth of our applications, with the freedom to present improvements. We want you to express your ideas and actively be involved in the evolution of our products.
- Share knowledge and ideas, and assist in the decision making for system architecture, coding standards, best practices etc. amongst the team.
- Be involved in the entire process of developing our applications, ranging all the way from concept to creation, design and support, testing and deployment.
What we want you to be like
- A technically minded individual with a passion for software development.
- Interested in creating and maintaining modern and intuitive solutions, designed to provide genuine benefits to our customers in the real world.
- Positive outlook geared towards solving problems and finding solutions.
- Passionate about learning new skills and enhancing your abilities as a developer.
- Ambitious and keen to build a career.
- Proud of developing high quality solutions to problems.
- A team player – whilst there’s always an element of working without direct supervision, it’s important to remember that we’re all in this together!
What skills, qualifications and talents we want you to have
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline, and 5+ years commercial experience.
- Experience working with or knowledge of the Scrum Framework.
- Full stack developer, preferably with experience in some of the following areas:
- The basics of web development – HTML, CSS
- Modern front end JS technologies – Angular or Ember.js would be a bonus!
- Server side languages - including PHP (Laravel), VB/C# (.NET), Elixir (Phoenix)
- Database Technologies – including SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Mobile Development – Xamarin
- Comfortable creating and administering AWS servers would be great!
Who you will report to
Reports to Matt Skelton, Operations Manager.
Salary and benefits
This role will have a salary range of £24,000 to £27,000. A performance-related bonus scheme will be available which could deliver an OTE of between £27,000 to £30,000. All other benefits from working for Sypro [see above] will apply.
Please submit your application and a full up to date CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a contact telephone number and email address.