BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CHAMPION
Welcome to Sypro
Sypro is a privately-owned SaaS provider of contract, project and risk management software solutions to the both the private and public sectors. Our award-winning software is used to build and manage schools, academies, hospitals and a wide range of public and private sector buildings and infrastructure across the UK. Our customers include Kier, Vinci, SSE, Bam, Willmott Dixon, NHS England, Faithful & Gould, etc.
We are based in central Hull (Bowlalley Lane, HU1 1XR). We have a young team, develop our own solutions internally and provide our own customer service. We have been in business for 10 years, own our own offices, are financially and cash strong, and unlike a software development agency we don’t rely on having to sell month-on-month to grow. Our growth is controlled and progressive.
Check out our websites – www.sypro.co.uk and www.totalriskmanager.co.uk for more details of what our solutions do.
We want you
We want the best people to help us grow Sypro.
Your starting salary will depend on your role and experience, but there are benefits that every member of staff receives at Sypro.
- A competitive salary + a performance-based bonus.
- A “Now” Pension (company supported).
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays [we include your birthday off!].
- Private Medical.
- Life insurance (to protect for you and your dependents).
- Employee share incentive plan.
- Tailored training & development.
- A great working environment – smart casual dress-code, healthy refreshments, down-time facilities [pool table, video games etc. – come and take a look!] and regular social events.
- Being part of an entrepreneurial team that challenges you and gives you fantastic career progression.
About the role
This isn’t just a job....we want someone who wants to build a long-term career with Sypro; you will be part of the success of the business, and you will be treated and rewarded accordingly.
This is a product focussed role to support the launch and development of the company’s new online SaaS solution – SyproTRM (Total Risk Manager) – www.totalriskmanager.co.uk
What we want you to do
- Liaise with the marketing team to ensure customers, prospects and suspects all receive appropriate and timely marketing communications – regular newsletters, call to actions etc. – maintaining the company’s TRM databases (currently Mailchimp); attending marketing and sales events.
- Talking to new customers and existing customers and selling the benefits of SyproTRM; preparing proposals and quotations for new business or additional business; maintaining a business pipeline. This may include working directly with customers or through a ‘channel’ relationship.
- Managing the on-boarding process – this includes setup and implementation, and delivering training sessions on SyproTRM; on-boarding may be at Sypro HQ or at the customers site(s).
- Play an active role in the customer experience, working with customer services and other team members to ensure customers have the best experience.
- Account management – this may include helpdesk, first line support and helping end-users in addition to the Customer Services team.
- Developing training and ‘user’ experience guides, FAQs, worksheets etc. to improve the ‘Knowledge Centre’ and customer journey.
- Documenting and managing a sales/business pipeline against forecasted numbers, and presenting regular summaries to management and other team members.
- As part of the Sypro team, you will identify problems and issues and help the company shape solutions that focus on customer satisfaction and bottom line results.
What we want you to be like
- A creative thinker, enterprising and entrepreneurial and can demonstrate originality.
- Infectious personality with a ‘glass-half-full’ attitude.
- Confident and assertive (but not arrogant).
- Able to work independently with limited direct supervision but be a ‘team-player’ when needed.
- Ambitious and keen to build a career.
What skills, qualifications and talents we want you to have
- Have at least 3 year’s experience in an active sales or business development role.
- Good English, Maths and ICT knowledge and skills [GCSE level C or above] and degree level or equivalent post-school qualification.
- Able to use internal systems to record information and track performance [training provided on Sypro’s CRM]; we also use Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint and Mailchimp.
- Great Interpersonal skills; whether its meeting & greeting customers at shows, presenting a proposal to a customer, or helping or explaining a problem.
- Able to make those tough ‘telephone’ calls [if needed] and able to articulate internally and externally verbally and via email.
- Documenting processes and procedures and presenting ideas to other team members.
- A commitment to deadlines and targets and a desire to ‘fly’ the flag for the customer.
Who you will report to
This role will report to Gerard Toplass, co-owner and director of Sypro and SyproTRM product lead.
Salary and benefits
This role will have a salary range of £20,000 to £24,000. A performance-related bonus scheme will be available which could deliver an OTE of between £26,000 to £30,000. All other benefits from working for Sypro [see above] will apply.
Please submit your application and a full up to date CV by email to email@example.com. Please include a contact telephone number and email address.