Position Performance Consulting Sales Manager
Salary £50k – 80K
Location Primary UK (Yorkshire/London) Secondary Europe
Reporting to Lead Performance Consulting Director
Summit is a changemaker in online retailing. For 16 years we’ve worked with some of Europe’s most successful retailers and brands, helping them to make more money from retailing online. Our purpose is simple and commercial: to make it more likely that people buy from our clients than anyone else. Our unique online retail ‘value chain’ provides our clients with deep expertise across the disciplines required to trade online: Strategy, ecommerce, online marketing, trading and logistics. With 150 staff working across the UK and Europe, we are passionate about helping our clients transform their bussiness opportunity online by thinking and acting differently.
We give advice that changes the way retailers think about their business.
We build technology that makes it easy for them to trade and for their customers to buy.
We create online marketing that brings people closer to their business.
We make it more likely that people buy from our clients than anyone else.
The combination of joined-up expertise working collaboratively across our retail value chain ensures our clients adapt faster to the changing retail landscape.
This is a role that will require a candidate with at least 5-10 years of senior level consulting and analytics experience with both retailers and suppliers (ideally from a blue-chip/established consulting or analytics firm). Strong client references are a must have.
ThePerformance Consulting Sales Managerrole is a strategic role primarily responsible for the development of the Summit Performance Consulting proposition through identification of prospects and management of existing projects across the UK & Europe.
The Performance Consulting Sales Managerwill need to be strongly commercial and sales minded (ideally with strong experience in building consulting services). They will need to be able to deliver high level, senior audience presentations and proposals that deliver client specific solutions.
The role will be coordinating and working with a team of high level data analysts based centrally with Summits performance delivery team as well as working closely with the clients so will need to be strongly data savvy and digitally minded and will need to deliver the following:
- Client Thought Leadership: Providing clients and prospects with thought leadership focused around their key commercial challenges
- Develop the Summit Performance Consulting Unit: Build a strong pipeline supporting the consulting proposition with paid revenue driving client consulting and analytics services and projects.
- Total Campaign Performance: Support the Lead Performance Consulting Director with managing TCC (Summit’s parent company) client relationships across Europe to ensure we deliver a consistent flow of work through our parent company.
The Performance Consulting Sales Managerrole has the following core roles and responsibilities:
- Build client thought leadership:this role will be working with the lead performance consulting director to help new thinking focused on driving non-food retail deeper dive perspectives on strategic market and client issues.
- Sell-in Summit Performance Consulting analytics projects:focus on developing revenue, driving Summit consulting services within the UK across the retail and automotive sector.Projects include strategic demand planning, marketing mix optimisation, customer value maximisation, supplier investment strategies and e-commerce performance
- Performance Consulting product development support: While the role will be primarily focused on client and business development in, all Performance Consulting Sales Managers will be working on product development as well.
- Client delivery support: Whilst you won’t be expected to do the data analysis for the client project, you will be expected to shape the output and work with the deliver team to ensure the project aligns with clients requirements. You will also be responsible for presenting final outputs back to the client.
Key Competencies: What capabilities are required for the role? Be sure to aim at the right – high – level
Level 1-5 (1 - not required, 2 - basic, 3 - proficient, 4 - strong, 5 - expert level)
- Shopper & Retail Marketing Consulting 5
- Shopper & Retail Insights 5
- Retail and Campaign Performance Analytics principles 5
- Media Planning – including retailer media and ecosystems 4
- Media Performance Analytics 4
- Shopper Card Analytics 4
- Statistical Modelling 3
- Retailer Demand Planning 4
- e-Commerce/Website analytics & experience 3
- Presentation and selling skills – client facing 5
- Client Consulting 5
- Proposal writing 5
- Project management 4
- Shopper card analysis 2
- Media Analytics & Optimization 2
- Statistical Modelling 2
- E-Commerce analytics 2
Key Relationships: What persons or parties would this role need to work effectively?
An extremely client facing role, research and marketing agencies.
A high-level awareness of conference and exhibition opportunities in this region.
Solid line reporting working through people to get work delivered. Strong programme management and campaign planning.
Cultural Fit/Personality traits
- A drive to add value and succeed – strong business development skills
- Consultative selling skills to convert client business challenges into client consulting and analytics solutions
- Analytical rigor and performance focused
- An innovative thinker, to bring new ways of doing things to Summit
- A team player who will be able to manage and connect with many key internal and external stakeholders