Right here – in Hull – we develop some of the most critical software and infrastructure for the national emergency services. We serve customers in every corner of the country, with one in every two UK police forces using APD technology today. Our technology helps to saves lives! You really can feel like you a part of a fantastic team who can really make a difference. We don’t stand still, we embrace changes in technology and the opportunities that those changes provide.
We also support the transport and aviation sectors. You’ll find APD technology at the heart of both the London Underground and Gatwick Airport. Further afield, we’ve secured contracts in Sweden at Karolinska hospital and with the Swedish Police, as well as in Ireland and Iceland. We also keep the world’s busiest international passenger airport connected – none other than Dubai Airport.
About our people
Here at APD we embrace those who are truly passionate about their subject - we employ ‘Geeks with Goals’. People who love what they do with a passion, that are committed to helping us grow and who truly care that they can make a difference. Our people are trusted, are given a voice and the responsibility to not only develop themselves but also to help APD to evolve in an ever changing world.
About the IT Project Engineer job
If you love to travel, love the thrill of no two days being the same and want to work in a company that is forward thinking, loves its people and creates products that really make a difference then look no further!
You will be installing and commissioning our products at our customers’ sites. Your day job could vary from putting in servers, installing software, running updates to fixing an issue.
We trust our IT Project Engineers to make the right decisions and offer an awesome service to our customers.
What you will own / do and how you will grow
- Undertake customer Site Surveys as required by Operations/Project management and produce accurate and detailed site survey documentation.
- Prepare future projects, carrying out and coordinating site specific investigations necessary to produce accurate project documentation such as customer configuration and system design documentation.
- Onsite diagnosis and resolution of our products, workstation and server faults and 3rdparty interfaces.
- The provision of out of hours support to customers, plus the provision on site Major Event and Major Incident support, and the provision of on-site assistance as required for Critical Incident Management
What you have already done
- Extensive understanding of IT management and support
- IP addressing
- DHCP and DNS – Theory / Configuration / Management
- AV Software installation, basic configuration and Use of admin tools
- Network – data switches / Routers / Cabling
So if you are looking for a job in tech and think APD is a place where you can develop your passion - apply now!
Please note due to the awesome work we do with the emergency services all employees must go through police vetting; this means we cannot accept applicants that do not have the last 3 years continuous residency in the UK. We cannot offer visa sponsorship.