Right here – in Hull – we develop some of the most critical software and infrastructure for the national emergency services. We serve customers in every corner of the country, with one in every two UK police forces using APD technology today. Our technology helps to saves lives! You really can feel like you a part of a fantastic team who can really make a difference. We don’t stand still, we embrace changes in technology and the opportunities that those changes provide.
We also support the transport and aviation sectors. You’ll find APD technology at the heart of both the London Underground and Gatwick Airport. Further afield, we’ve secured contracts in Sweden at Karolinska hospital and with the Swedish Police, as well as in Ireland and Iceland. We also keep the world’s busiest international passenger airport connected – none other than Dubai Airport.
About our people
Here at APD we embrace those who are truly passionate about their subject - we employ ‘Geeks with Goals’. People who love what they do with a passion, that are committed to helping us grow and who truly care that they can make a difference. Our people are trusted, are given a voice and the responsibility to not only develop themselves but also to help APD to evolve in an ever changing world.
About the IT Customer Support Specialist job
Based at site in Hull our Customer Support Specialists take great pride in their responsibility to provide the best technical support possible to ensure the emergency services can do their awesome work. They are customer focussed, can provide technical hardware and software support direct to our customers.
To make sure you are confident in your role you will be fully trained on our products. When you are fully trained (9-12 months) you will be added to the rota of ‘on call’ out of hours shifts to enable our customers to access 24/7 support. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including shift allowance and over time pay.
What you will own / do and how you will grow
- Provide customer support on technical queries, fault finding and rectification of our software products
- Remote Provision of a Windows Patching & AV support service, and dealing with any customer issues pertaining to these.
- Provision of remote Major Event & Major Incident support to customers.
- Root cause analysis of issues.
- SaaS configuration, patching, and SP implementations, plus monitoring of usage and capacity and receipt and resolution of Nagios alerts etc.
What you have already done
- Excellent customer service and technical skills
- Ability to perform remote diagnosis and resolution of issues with 3rd party interfaces, including the system links to CCTV (IP, Analogue), Time Sync, IOLANs, EISEC, and various 3rd party Mapping and/or Command and Control Systems.
- Experience in providing technical support
- Team player
- Have experience in any of the following? - CCTV (IP, Analogue), Time Sync, IOLANs, EISEC, various 3rd party Mapping and/or Command and Control Systems, telephony systems including Avaya, CISCO Call Manager, CT Connect, and TAPI, Windows Patching & AV support
So if you are looking for a job in tech and think APD is a place where you can develop your passion - apply now!
Due to the awesome work we do with the emergency services all of our employees must go through a police vetting process and have 3 years continuous residency in the UK. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship.