Installation Technician – Home Based, £18,000 – £24,000, Closes 31/05/2018
Who are we?
We are a Microsoft Partner that specialises in creating engaging innovative solutions for SharePoint and Office 365. Our passion is to enhance the classroom and workplace with technology that delivers real benefits to schools and businesses.
As our customer base is growing, we are looking for an experienced support consultant/technician to help us maintain our level of support to our new and existing customers.
We pride ourselves on being at the cutting-edge of SharePoint solutions in the world education market with customers in the UK and abroad.
We help our customers and the wider community through blogs, open source software and YouTube video guides.
What we need you to do
You will be joining the team to help us remotely install and support our range of SharePoint MIS integration products into schools.
The main products you will be working with are our range of integration products, linking the school MIS to SharePoint and Office 365.
Our work is conducted from our own homes, although some occasional travel and hotel stay may be needed to allow us to meet as a team and best support our customers. We also have an office in Hull which can be used as a workplace if you are local to the area.
What we will do for you
- 21 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Flexibility in working hours when required, although our customers’ needs have to come first
- The opportunity to get rid of your daily commute
- Expenses paid on any business travel
- Support you in improving your current skills and to work with and develop new ones
- The opportunity to attend some conferences/events/training during the year
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with great communication and technical skills. This is a customer facing role and you will be required to contact customers and colleagues via phone, Skype and email. You will strive for perfection and a project will only be finished when our customers are happy with the end-product.
Although you will need to be able to work independently and with little supervision, the team is always in contact via Skype for Business, MS Teams, email and phone. However, home working isn’t for everyone, some need the face-to-face contact an office gives!
Office 365 is constantly evolving, and you will need to be a quick learner with a passion for technology.
We will provide a laptop and all the relevant software, you will need a suitable area for working in your home with a reliable broadband connection.
Key Skills we are looking for:
- Experience with SharePoint, preferably in a School Environment
- Some experience maintaining Active Directory, preferably in a School Environment
- Experience with scripting PowerShell
- Office 365
It would be great if you had – but don’t worry if you haven’t:
- Knowledge and experience of SIMS.Net/Facility CMIS or other School MIS systems
- Scripting experience
- XML and windows foundation workflows
- One or more Microsoft Certifications
- Experience working with Excel or other products for analysing data
- Experience with Office 365 Administration
- Some experience of managing IT projects
If you are interested in joining our team, please email us email@example.com with anything you want to support your application. Links to social media and community involvement would be great as well.
If you would like more information or to arrange an informal chat about the role, please contact Tony Phillips Tony.Phillips@clouddesignbox.co.uk
Interviews will be conducted via Skype Video Calling ASAP. It is hoped that the successful candidate will start June 2018
The closing date for Applications is midnight on 31st May.