IT@Spectrum is an award-winning technology business with over 30 years’ experience and a track record of helping organisations make significant savings in time and money by introducing highly-efficient, automated business management and print processes.
We are committed to making it easier for businesses to make transformative discoveries in their data and act on them. We want to enhance everyone’s natural ability to ask questions, analyse data, and make key business decisions. This way of working helps make analysing data a natural part of making decisions and creating value.
The Solutions Architect / Data Analyst will assist our Sales Team with the proposing and demonstration of potential solutions, as well as the ultimate delivery of these solutions. As the Solutions Architect / Data Analyst you will be expected to have good analytical / numerical skills and have at least a basic understanding of how a business operates and what information is required to aid making effective business decisions.
You will be directly involved with our Professional Services team to help design and deliver our business intelligence solutions. Understanding of day-to-day business processes and systems will be useful for this role. You will need to understand the customers’ needs and adopt a consultative approach to create the right solutions. Previous experience with business intelligence is a must, whether this be Excel, Crystal, SAP, Power BI or Qlik. This permanent, full time role offers great working conditions in a friendly & state of the art office environment, however you are likely to be required to travel to and from customers as part of your role.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with reporting / business intelligence tools (Qlik, PowerBI, Crystal Reports, etc.)
- Understanding of day-to-day business operations and processes
- Knowledge on querying and building Microsoft SQL Server databases (or other relational databases)
- Scripting knowledge (.NET - C# / VB)
- Understanding of maintaining and developing advanced elements of SQL databases; stored procedures, functions, etc.
- Gather, understand and document detailed business requirements
- Be part of demonstrations, discovery visits and user training
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets
- Build reports and dashboards with customers
- Assist with internal reporting needs
- Accurately record your time against projects in the CRM
- Assist with data related elements of implementing customer solutions; such as building SQL views
- Display high level of technical skills working with products, infrastructure and data that support the products
- Provide support for our customer solutions along-side our support team
- Take an active role in the management of projects from inception to conclusion within agreed project timescales.
Apply or send enquires to Sally Kemp, HR & Support Manager, email@example.com