At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Closing date 28-Feb-2018
Location Hull, UK
Contact: Grant Wakefield-Smith E-mail
What you will be part of
You will be a part of the Public Safety department where we develop software based Command, Control and Communication systems for the civil security area. The systems are used to streamline, monitor and protect critical flows and operations, which places very high demands on system security and availability.
Our customers include police forces, ambulance services, fire and rescue services, airports, public transport and prisons, etc. We are developing systems which are critical for the business of our customers so the focus is on performance, reliability and configurability. We work closely with our customers and are driven by strong customer and user focus. We adopt an Agile methodology and we aim to constantly develop and work with the latest technology.
Our solutions are cutting edge software technology and for the right person the Public Safety department offers enormous opportunities to work with stimulating and challenging work, alongside with skilled and dedicated co-workers.
We are now looking for additional IT Commissioning and Support Engineers to join our established UK-based operation.
- Configuration and installation of mission-critical software solutions to our customers
- Quality Assurance in QA, pre-prod and production environments during project and support phases
- Creation of test specifications and test reports executed in customer environment
- Work with business owners and clients to coordinate user acceptance testing and operational testing
- Training of end-users, super users, administrators and IT administrators
- Be part of our 24/7 support team, providing technical support to customers, finding solutions to reported issues, managing maintenance of the system, etc.
Your experiences and skills
- Experience of commissioning mission-critical information systems
- Experience of QA assurance for large-scale mission-critical solutions
- Experience of working in an Agile environment and iterative development
- Experience in creation of API’s
- Experience of training end- and super users
- Experience in providing technical support to customer with high availability solutions
- MS Server 2008/2012/2016 and MS Windows 7/8/10 Client OS competence
- MS Active Directory
- MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- TCP/IP and basic knowledge of configuring network devices (ideally to the level of CompTIA Network+ and7or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or (CCENT) (Entry))
- VMWare Infrastructure (ideally to the level of VMware - VCP-DCV (Data Centre Virtualization)
- Experience of Lync 2013/Skype for Business 2016
- Exposure to load balancers
- Knowledge of ITIL v3
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal Communication
- Strong client-facing skills
- Candidates must hold a UK driving licence
- Candidates must have been a UK resident for a minimum of 3 years in order to undergo Security Clearance (SC) vetting.
Ideal qualifications but not mandatory
- Degree level or similar
- CompTIA A+
- MCITP- Microsoft IT Professional - Entry Level
- MCSE - Microsoft Certified System Engineer. Higher Level
- Windows Server Active Directory and Security.
- Microsoft Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure.
- MTA: (Microsoft Technical Associates) Database.
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air,land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.