SOFTWARE TEST MANAGER
ABOUT THE SOFTWARE TEST MANAGER JOB
We are looking for a Software Test Manager to join our Software Quality Team (Test and Release) in Hull. The Software Quality Team ensure software and hardware produced by APD is of excellent quality ready for use in mission critical situations. This role requires a strategic and ‘hands on’ approach. You will have the ability to develop your team providing mentoring and coaching for junior team members through to senior testers.
We can consider flexible working options – remote working part of the week. There may be some travel required in the role to customer sites.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
· Line management responsibility of the Software Quality Team. Manage team activities and tasks as appropriate and in-line with Scrum
· Implementation and management of product wide testing strategy, to include automation testing, quality monitoring, and continuous improvement strategy
· Provision of technical knowledge and encourage learning and development across the team to increase product knowledge and skills as required
· Manage the production of appropriate test & release documentation and reports
· Ensure the appropriate test infrastructure is in place to provide effective testing and increased quality of software delivery
WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE
· Experience leading teams – ability to motivate and encourage positive behaviours
· Excellent interpersonal skills – you will have the ability to manage expectations and relay technical information to users with varying levels of technical understanding
· Extensive experience in software development and software testing
· Experience of streamlining and implementing new processes
· An understanding of hardware, software and programming
Hull, HU1 1RR
As one of Hull’s leading tech businesses, we develop critical software and infrastructure for the emergency services and public safety control rooms. Our innovative and dynamic solutions serve, protect and connect society.
Our technology helps to save lives daily, across the world – That’s pretty cool right?
Here in the UK, our technology is used by 69% of the Police Forces and you’ll also find APD technology at the heart of both the London Underground and Gatwick Airport.
Further afield, we have customers in Sweden’s hospital and the Swedish Police, as well as in Ireland and Iceland. We also keep Dubai Airport, the world’s busiest international passenger airport connected.
When you join APD Communications, you’ll be part of something much bigger. From our offices in Hull, we operate as a business unit within Northgate Public Services (NPS), which is a wholly owned NEC Corporation subsidiary.
Being part of the NPS Safety Division, and the NEC Corporation, means you’re joining a worldwide team of over 100,000 operating in over 70 countries. We all share a passion for developing innovative public safety solutions that create a brighter world for us as global citizens – does this sound like you?
You will be part of a fantastic team who really make a positive difference to the society that we live in. Life at APD is fast paced, we don’t stand still, we embrace changes in technology and the opportunities that those changes provide.
We employ ‘Geeks with Goals’, people who love what they do with a passion, that are committed to helping us grow and who truly care that they can make a difference.
The people in our teams are our best asset, so our workplace is empowering, encouraging and everyone has a voice that is listened to. We have a flexible, trusted and collaborative environment in which our people thrive in.
So, if you are a Software Test manager looking for a new challenge and think APD is a place where you can develop your passion - apply now!
Please note due to the awesome work we do with the emergency services all employees must go through police vetting; this means we cannot accept applicants that do not have the last 3 years continuous residency in the UK. We cannot offer visa sponsorship.