ABOUT THE SALES MANAGER JOB
We’re looking for a Sales Manager to join us on what’s set to be our greatest adventure yet. The next three years are focused on breaking new markets, growing internationally and providing a world class online experience for our customers. You’ll be at the heart of this.
Great teams have great leaders and our Sales Manager will lead our team of Account Managers and Business Development Manager to grow the business. As a senior manager at APD you’ll also be a key member of our Management Team (The M8) who are responsible for running the business. You’ll be mentored and coached by the Commercial Director and Managing Director throughout your career, as our M8 are our future directors.
Being obsessed with building relationships is a pre-requisite for this role. You’ll enjoy showing off our products, networking with public safety professionals and the thrill of closing a deal. You’ll follow social media, read public safety news and magazines and be fascinated with the control room industry.
You’ll constantly be looking at new ways to expand the business and position APD and NPS as market leaders in Public Safety Solutions.
No two days will be the same, you’ll be self-motivated and full of ideas to contribute, you’ll be at the very forefront of the exciting growth journey and see first had the impact your contribution is making every day.
You will report into the Commercial Director.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
· Take overall responsibility for running a highly targeted and high performing Field Sales Team, you’ll work with your team to ensure achievement of individual and team targets to realise business growth; manage approval of quotes and proposals in line with your DOA and manage the company CRM – Salesforce, ensuring that the team’s accounts and opportunities are up to date
· Work closely the Marketing Team to develop high performing campaigns with outstanding results and with other stakeholders within the wider company to achieve growth throughout the business service functions
· Regular communications with customers on the APD Community and ownership for demoing our products and software at events around the world
· Have responsibility as part of the wider Management Team for running the business and undertake other duties as reasonably requested by the Commercial Director or any other senior manager in the business
· Managing and developing key partner relationships and NEC country affiliates to grow the business in highly targeted regions and build the Partner Channel to see growth in control rooms world-wide
WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE
· Excellent sales leadership with experience of putting together targeted sales business plans for the team and individuals; building and maintaining a strong pipeline to support us in our ever-growing business and a successful track record of nurturing leads into opportunities and converting them to sale
· Amazing coaching and mentoring skills including the ability to develop people across the business with a bucket load of energy, drive and motivation and copious amounts of passion for what you do – that you can translate into APD, NPS and our services
· The ability to problem-solve and implement new processes to ensure continuous improvements with strong reporting skills and the ability to analyse data
· Demonstrable organisational skills and experience as a juggler in the prioritisation of tasks
· The ability to think on your feet and get to the heart of a customer’s needs
Hull, HU1 1RR but we have offices around the UK and home-based locations are possible.
As one of Hull’s leading tech businesses, we develop critical software and infrastructure for the emergency services and public safety control rooms. Our innovative and dynamic solutions serve, protect and connect society.
Our technology helps to save lives daily, across the world – That’s pretty cool right?
Here in the UK, our technology is used by 69% of the Police Forces and you’ll also find APD technology at the heart of both the London Underground and Gatwick Airport.
Further afield, we have customers in Sweden’s hospital and the Swedish Police, as well as in Ireland and Iceland. We also keep Dubai Airport, the world’s busiest international passenger airport connected.
When you join APD Communications, you’ll be part of something much bigger. From our offices in Hull, we operate as a business unit within Northgate Public Services (NPS), which is a wholly owned NEC Corporation subsidiary.
Being part of the NPS Safety Division, and the NEC Corporation, means you’re joining a worldwide team of over 100,000 operating in over 70 countries. We all share a passion for developing innovative public safety solutions that create a brighter world for us as global citizens – does this sound like you?
You will be part of a fantastic team who really make a positive difference to the society that we live in. Life at APD is fast paced, we don’t stand still, we embrace changes in technology and the opportunities that those changes provide.
We employ ‘Geeks with Goals’, people who love what they do with a passion, that are committed to helping us grow and who truly care that they can make a difference.
The people in our teams are our best asset, so our workplace is empowering, encouraging and everyone has a voice that is listened to. We have a flexible, trusted and collaborative environment in which our people thrive in.
So, if you are a sales leader and extraordinaire looking for a new challenge and think APD is a place where you can develop your passion - apply now!
Please note due to the awesome work we do with the emergency services all employees must go through police vetting; this means we cannot accept applicants that do not have the last 3 years continuous residency in the UK. We cannot offer visa sponsorship.