JOB DESCRIPTION– Head of Finance
PURPOSE OF JOB
To lead the Finance and Purchasing function. Provide financial support and guidance to the management team. To ensure that monthly preparation of management accounts and forecasts are prepared and distributed to the management team and board of directors. Working as part of the Management team to produce key financial updates for the business, on a timely accurate and reliable basis.
Reporting to the Managing Director of APD Communications.
Hull with occasional travel to Hemel Hempstead Northgate office
· Communication of monthly management accounts and forecasts for the business;
· Supervision of the work of the Finance team in the following;
o Preparation of monthly accounts for the business including revenue and margin forecasts including liaison with project and sales managers to generate a two-way flow of timely, accurate and relevant project-related information
o Overseeing the Management of the purchase and sales ledgers;
o Overseeing the Cash Management, reporting and forecasting;
o Overseeing the Management of the payroll including commissions and year-end returns.
o Reconciliation of all, non-project costing, nominal ledger balance sheet account balances;
o Reconciliation of all project-related nominal ledger balance sheet account balances
o Ensuring completion of the various statistical returns for the business
o Ensuring the timely preparation and submission of the quarterly VAT return
o Preparation of the year-end audit pack and all supporting reconciliations and documentation
· Engaging with the business managers to assess and improve the quality of the management information produced
· Working with the management team in the annual budget-setting process;
· Training and development of the Finance and Purchasing team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Professional qualification with a recognised body
· Cooperative and constructive approach to cross team communication
· Experience of leading teams
· Experience in a financial lead role