This role presents an exciting opportunity to work within the IT Department. It will involve
supporting the ServiceDesk to ensure 1 st line support for business applications and users.
The successful job holder will provide an exceptional level of IT Customer Service and
Support ensuring a high level of satisfaction whilst meeting IT’s Service Level Agreement
Key Accountabilities include:
- 1 st Line ServiceDesk support logging via the company standard ServiceDesk system; actioning all
- forms of IT demand via phone calls, email and face to face communication.
- Basic 2 nd Line support activities including standard PC replacement, hardware, software and
- network troubleshooting.
- PC imaging, software installations and configuration for handover of standard PC technology to
- end users.
- IT admin duties such as IT equipment order processing, IT equipment and store management.
- Delivery of standard KPI’s associated with ServiceDesk activities and performance.
Essential requirements include:
- Educated to GCSE Level (minimum Maths & English)
- 3 years First Line IT Support role within a medium/large company with hands on experience of
- Microsoft Technologies.
- Basic second line experience for hands on troubleshooting of PC hardware, software and
- networking technologies.
- Experience of working with standard ServiceDesk systems.
- Positive and proactive approach to all tasks will be required as well as using own initiative.
- Confident and outgoing personality, vital in developing relationships.
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal) with the ability to translate ‘IT jargon’ into non IT
- Ability to adapt approach when dealing with IT users at all levels within the Business.
- Building relationships; ability to make the customer feel valued.
Experience of working with Cloud Based Management systems such as Office365, Websense,
AirWatch would be advantageous as would experience with Dell, IBM PC hardware and iOS devices.
Candidates should possess the enthusiasm to take ownership of IT related problems and progress to
closure with the user’s satisfaction being paramount.
To apply for this position please advise your line manager in the first instance and then
forward your application, including your full CV, to Miriam Moore.
Friends and family are welcome to apply.
Ideal Boilers is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employer.