Under the leadership of the IT/Development Director and the daily supervision of the IT/Development Supervisor, the .NET Developer is responsible for ensuring that Trident's software development is carried out in a diligent and technically competent manner. The .NET developer should have previously attained 5+ years’ experience within a commercial Software Development environment. Each individual should be qualified to a higher education level in subjects relevant to this technology. Microsoft specific technical qualifications are desirable.
Basic Skills Required
• Web Development experience essential
• 5+ year’s development experience
• 5+ year’s .NET experience. (C# .NET, Web Forms / MVC)
• Database experience (Ideally SQL Server)
• General IT and Networking experience
• Good communicator
• Team player
• Adaptable and flexible
Accountability & Activities
• Analyze and understand system requirements and maintain communication with appropriate individuals throughout the software development.
• Engage with Senior Development Engineers on solution design, coding standards, working methodologies, and development lifecycle issues.
• Work to a tight development schedule, advice on timings, communicate delays, and understand pressures on the team to meet tight deadlines.
• Conduct software development using .NET technology within the Microsoft environment within the confines of the Trident UK software development life cycle.
• Understand and adhere to a full software development release programme as a means to release developed software to production in a safe and controlled manner.
• Provide daily support for issues discovered in the production environment within software created for the Trident Microsoft environment.
• Provide collaborative support to the Apple Mac based development team where system interaction or reliance exists.
• Participate in strategic development initiatives when required.
• Represent the Development team in companywide activities as and when required.
• Maintain sound technical knowledge in the field of Microsoft development and its wider technology space.
• Report progress to the IT/Development Supervisor or Manager on a regular basis.
• Maintain discretion and confidentiality when working with client/company sensitive information in accordance with contractual obligations.
• Maintain company health and safety policy at all times.
• Support issue resolution
• Software design
• Implementation methods
• Develop solution to improve Trident's productivity.
• Improve existing solutions.
• Evaluation of suggested solutions.
• Make recommendations to Trident's IT Strategy.
• Estimate development time
• Apple Technology Literacy
• Project Management Experience